This free one-day convocation from 9AM to 3PM will introduce you to the single most effective strategy for reaching the lost for Christ.
In this “introductory tour” into the world of church multiplication, participants will explore the relationship of the mission of God to the development of new ministries in your church, your community and nearby communities currently without a ministry presence.
Facilitated by the Rev. Dr. Peter Meier, Executive Director of the Center for US Missions, and sponsored by The Lutheran Foundation, this convocation will introduce pastors to church multiplication – that is the multiplication of new ministries and new congregations in order to reach new people.
He’ll share nearly 30 different models for church planting and how to choose what’s right for your congregation. “There are so many ways congregations really of any size can be involved,” says Meier.
MORE: read an interview with Peter Meier on modern church planting and what to expect from the seminar
Convocation topics include:
- The Mission of God and Church Multiplication
- Principles of Multiplication
- Why Churches Plant Churches
- Answers to Objections
- What God Could Do Through You
- Capturing the Leader’s Heart
- How to Know When It’s Time to Plant
- Parenting Mistakes to Avoid
- Steps to Multiply
Center for US Missions
The Center for US Missions is a partnership between:
- The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod World Mission
- Concordia University Irvine
- North American Mission Executives of the LCMS
- People of the Book Lutheran Outreach International
It provides research and training for mission work among unevangelized people in the United States focused on the New Testament model of churches planting missions.
For more information, visit centerforusmissions.org.